Thursday, February 12, 2009

A New Bag And Tent




In 2001 I made a major upgrade in gear by going to Footsloggers in Boone and buying a new down bag to replace my old North Face Ibex, and a new four season tent to replace my old and shredded Westwind.
THE TENT
I found a dynamite tent made by Mountain Hardwear called the Muir Trail, a frog style modified A-frame which I used on several trips to Pisgah and later in Tennessee.
THE BAG
Long ago CampTrails Bob got a Marmot bag and it stuck with me, so I bought a zero rated down bag by Marmot called the Couloir, and it got me thru many cold nights at the tipi and in Pisgah and hundreds of nights in the Citico/Slickrock wilderness. I still was using the old reliable North Face BackMagic pack. (The above bag foto was taken on a 2001 backpacking trip into the Pisgah forest along the Upper Creek trail at the overlook).


No comments: